Why is it necessary to deliver a compelling customer experience in the next normal?
Companies that adapt to the changing needs of customers will recover more rapidly and be better positioned than competitors that do not.
How can your business deliver a compelling customer experience?
Delivering a compelling customer experience requires the identification of trends that are transitory and those that are ‘here to stay’
For B2C businesses, think holistically about the customer journey, namely;
1. Your value proposition
2. Your target customer profile
3. The end goal for your customer
4. All the various interactions in the purchase of your product
In the retail customer journey, receiving has become a major point of focus, with increased personalisation of products and social media ‘unboxing’ of products
Understanding how customers are adopting digital solutions is also key to delivering a compelling customer experience
For B2B customers it is particularly important to understand which behaviours are here to stay, as COVID-19 has fundamentally changed the B2B customer experience. Namely:
1. Buying decisions and experience are becoming similar in the B2B and B2C space
2. Digital offerings and automation of services are critical
3. There are many ways to segment business customers
4. Focus on the ease of doing business and building trust, rather than on price and inventory
Lastly, business owners/leaders must extract the customer need from operational drivers and financial results
How can you sustain a compelling customer experience/customer experience excellence?
Elevating customer experience excellence in the new normal, will require a focus on
1. Digital excellence
2. Ability to engage customers safely and without contact
3. Ability to extract customer insights from customer data
There are 6 pillars of customer excellence
2. Resolution (of customer issues)
3. Handling customer expectations
5. Personalisation (beyond just using the customer’s name on communications)
6. Time and Effort (reducing the use of both in your processes)
What should you focus on as you work toward delivering a compelling customer experience in the next normal?
What value you bring to the customer
The 'voice of the customer’, which can be captured via post purchase surveys
Simplifying the digital buying process
Leveraging all available channels for customer communication
If you found this recap useful and want to hear more, you can find the full webinar below: